Wednesday 6 March 2013

choc hazelnut cookies

These are a variation on the ginger and five spice cookies that I bake all the time. If you've never tried my ginger and five spice cookies you should give them a go, or ask me to bake them because I love them and I will.

a mix of cookies

Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies

ingredients
150g bakers flour or SR flour (or combination of the two)
100g coconut butter (or marg/nuttelex)
75g raw sugar
90g light agave/dark agave combo
50g cocoa
halfish teaspoon of bicarb
big handful of hazelnuts, crushed to smallish but not too small

method
Melt the coconut butter, combine with agave and sugar. Add in all the other ingredients (not the hazelnuts), and mix until it's even. Then mix in the hazelnuts. Roll to about a centimetre thick, cut into biscuits. Bake on lined/greased baking tray, and bake for 8 minutes at 180C. Allow to cool (someone I know burned their mouth on these today!), then eat.

Easy peasy.

2 comments:

vegeTARAian said...

Oh golly, these look amazing!

Anonymous said...

yep, I'll be stuffing my face with these once the weather cools down enough for the oven to go on...

I've given you a Liebster bloggy award (no pressure to do anything about it though!)