Tuesday 29 December 2009

lentil as anything at the convent

I struggled to find a cafe open on Sunday morning for breakfast, but eventually discovered that Lentil As Anything at the Convent would be doing breakfast, so early Sunday morning SJ and I headed out to Abbotsford.

I'd never been to Lentil at the Convent before, but I've heard a lot about it. Pip bakes on occasion for them, and I was looking forward to seeing what they had to offer for breakfast.

What they had to offer wasn't extensive. It's unclear from the menu what's suitable for vegans, and when I asked I was offered only the one option, the Mushrooms.

mushrooms at lentil at the convent

Don't get me wrong, these mushrooms were amazing, the tomato and spinach and the spices all combined to awesomeness, and I really enjoyed it. But SJ got to order the Sri Lankan Breakfast which looked suspiciously like dosa, so I was a bit disgruntled that the filling was an egg and potato curry. Alas!

No cakes to appeal, I suspect because it was the day after Boxing Day.

Lentil As Anything
1 St Heliers Street
Abbotsford

Open seven days

2 comments:

Penny said...

When Lentils is good it's so good, but it can be so hit & miss...

steph said...

Yeah, this is why I've not been so often! But it was still good mushrooms. :o)