Thursday 18 June 2009

apple danishes of awesome and chocolate

I'd like to talk about my love for apple danishes.

home made apple danishes

They're delicious. They're quick and easy, all you need is some puff pastry, some apples, and some cinnamon. They are a great, OMG WHAT ARE WE HAVING FOR DESSERT dessert, and I almost always have all the necessary ingredients available. I've blogged a recipe before here, but it's pretty flexible. Last night I made apple danishes, but I made a few very delicious modifications, skipping the sugar and nutmeg in the mixture, and cutting the apple more roughly into thin slices rather than dicing.

Last night I smoothed a dollop of the Sweet William chocolate spread into the centre, then a spoonful of the apple mix, then I folded, brushed and baked as usual. Baking time extended an extra five to seven minutes. That dollop of chocolate was amazing, careful of the molten chocolate when you're biting into it fresh from the oven!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

You should definetly try Endangered Species Chocolate. We offer a variety of all-natural or organic chocolate bars with over half of the bars being vegan certified & all bars being completely 100% gluten free.

The Ethically Traded label ensures quality products grown under environmentally conscious conditions. All of our bars are wrapped in appealing packaging that highlights the importance of the Earth's creatures. Our goal is to educate and inspire those who purchase our gourmet products.

For more information, you can visit our website (http://www.chocolatebar.com). On the site you will also find a few recipes that we have come up with, using our chocolate.

Thank you.

x said...

They look delicious! I love pastries like these and I am happy there is vegan pastry avail. so that we can recreate them, vegan-styles.

I am thinking of making some of these for the bake sale, I'm just wondering if they will taste as good the next day, cold not heated up.

steph said...

Mandee, they taste fine cold if they're cooked all the way through and are just apple and spices, I've tried it before. I don't know if it works with the chocolate - perhaps you should test it in advance? :o)