Sunday 24 May 2009

thai stir fried noodles from the asian vegan kitchen

Part of our ongoing mission to discover the perfect pad thai recipe, we gave the Thai stir-fried noodles from The Asian Vegan Kitchen a go during the week. You can find the recipe on page 124.

thai-style stir-fried noodles

These noodles were not difficult to prepare, and we had to leave out the tofu, radish and beansprouts as we were sadly lacking them. I substituted plain rice vermicelli for the sen lek, even though I later discovered I had some sen lek hiding behind the rice bin.

This dish was spicier than I expected it to be - I expected it to have no bite, as it contained only one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, but that was sufficient to add quite a good spicy bite to the noodles.

This was a good dish, but not quite the noodles dish that I was expecting, so our search for the perfect pad thai recipe continues.

No comments: