Thursday 17 July 2008

zapata's mexican restaurant, fremantle

potato and spinach enchilada at zapatas

As part of my current obsession with Mexican restaurants, last week we went to Zapata’s in Fremantle.

The menu is fairly extensive, and though I found my portion size to be a little on the small side the prices do reflect that, so next time I’ll probably order something a little more expensive. M ordered the fajitas, for example, which are among the more expensive items on the menu and he was unable to finish his meal (though he really wanted to).

bean taco at zapatas

The spicy was spicy, but my enchilada was soft and delicious and everyone (all ten of us) enjoyed their meals, and I will definitely be going back. On Tuesdays they do cheap tacos and cocktails, I understand, and everything that we wanted vegan came out vegan.

They are able to do separate billing if you let them know before you order. I can't remember how they were for gluten-free options.

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Shop 30, South Terrace Piazza
Fremantle
(opposite Gelare, above the Pickled Fairy)

3 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog!! A Perth vegan!!! :0) I'm Cecilia by the way ... I'm still working on my transition to become a vegan ....

I love Fremantle, there are so many vegan friendly restaurant there :0) That Mexican place sounds quite amazing to me!

By the way, what egg replacer do you normally use in baking? Is Organ No Egg replacer good?!

steph said...

hi cecilia! don't be too surprised, there are a few of us vegans around perth. :o)

i use applesauce as an egg replacer most of the time, actually. i've never tried the orgran no-egg but some of their other stuff is pretty good (their chocolate mousse is A++), so i would assume the egg replacer would be okay.

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Oh really?! I saw the chocolate mousse the other day at a health food store :-D looks like I have to give it a try now, thanks for recommending that!

I added you to my blogroll by the way!!