Tuesday 18 March 2008

the junction ice creamery, midland

Growing up in the hills, and going to high school at old Governor Stirling, the Junction Ice Creamery has long been a big part of my life. My friends worked there, and there was that desperately long six months where we didn't go because one of my friends was let go from there, and no matter what anyone says it's the best ice cream around. It has won awards both within the state and nationally, and their flavours are traditional with the occasional experimental success, like apple pie or black forest. Alas, apple pie and black forest are not vegan, but I will always remember them fondly.

Fortunately, the Junction Ice Creamery has a range of tasty sorbets and soy icecreams, most of which are vegan. My favourite is the passionfruit soya, though I do enjoy the slightly bitter taste of the chocolate soya.

The Junction Ice Creamery
Corner of Great Eastern Highway and Morrison Road
Midland


1 comment:

Marty said...

Check out the Junction Icecreamery's new website www.junctionicecreamery.com.au.